Wednesday, November 30, 2011

SAP Distribution Game Post

Our team, team O, consistently ranked third or so on the list.  I believe that my partner and I worked very well together and each of us picked up the extra slack since we only had two people while all other groups had three.  I was in charge of pricing while he was in charge of marketing and we both kept our eyes on inventory.  There was also alot of verbal communication between me and my teammate so we both knew exactly what was going on throughout the mock company and what changes needed to be made to keep the profits coming in at a high rate.
     This game's ranking was based solely on profit but that is not the only thing a company needs to keep an eye on in real life business.  Companies need to make sure they are turning over their inventory at a quick enough rate while also trying to minimize operating expenses as much as possible.  They also need to make sure their reputation to their customers remains in good standing and that people continue to come back to the company for business.
      Two things I learned in this activity were how closely each department within a business needs to work together in order for the company to thrive.  Marketing, pricing, stock, management, etc all have to be on the same page at any given time if they want their company to become successful.  I also learned something about myself and that is that I enjoyed doing this kind of exercise.  Dealing with these kind of day to day business tasks never peaked my interest until after this game.  In the future it will teach me to keep my mind open to all different job fields within a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment